Introducing the New Activities Module from CivicEngage
From soccer league sign-ups to book club registrations at the library to blood-drive information on your intranet, and everything in between, the CivicEngage® Activities feature can help you manage all your community activities. Free and included for all CivicEngage clients, this comprehensive feature allows you to:
- List all activities in your community, educating citizens about available opportunities.
- Allow citizens to register in advance.
- Accept registration fee payments from citizens using a secure ePayment solution.
- Allow citizens to search for activities of interest based on a wide variety of search factors, ensuring they will find engaging activities available in your community.
How Can the New Activities Feature Help You Engage Citizens?
|Your Challenge||Our Solution|
|Encouraging Registrations||You’re promoting a blood drive in your community and want to see as many citizens donate as possible.||When you promote the event, encourage citizens to register online helping you keep track of registration goals. For activities with a registration limit, once the maximum number of registrants has been reached, additional users can be added to a waitlist.|
|Encouraging Payment||Your community’s library is holding its annual guest speaker series and fundraiser.||Allow citizens to buy tickets at a discounted rate to encourage early ticket sales.|
|Resource Management||You’re planning the annual community Easter Egg Hunt and need an estimate of how many children are attending so you know approximately how many eggs to dye.||Allowing citizens to register will take the guesswork out of your event day planning and ensure proper resources and event staffing.|
Maximize Your CivicEngage Platform
Activities is designed to seamlessly work with other powerful CivicEngage modules to manage the complete activity experience for your organization.
- By linking to your ePayment module, when citizens register for an event, they can pay as well, minimizing manual payment transactions, and paper checks arriving at your office. Administrators may also choose to set-up activities to bypass the ePayment option in cases where they want to encourage citizens to pay on-site in cash or with a check, ensuring total control and flexibility.
- The Activities feature can also accommodate the scheduling of events that do not require a registration fee, for ultimate administrative flexibility.
- Administrators can add an event to any community calendar providing visibility to the breadth of engagement opportunities available.
- Citizens can register for an event and easily add a calendar entry to their own personal calendars.
- Link an activity to a specific facility, so citizens know at exactly which park this year’s Strawberry Festival will take place, and view the location on a map.
- By integrating with the Facilities feature, community activity coordinators can also reserve the community facility in a single internal planning transaction.
Additional Citizen and Administrator Benefits of the Activities Feature
|Key Feature||Administration Benefit|
|Scheduling Activity Registrations in Advance||Preschedule automatic registration opening and closing dates so you don’t have to worry about managing registration periods manually.|
|Registration Form Flexibility||Customize your registration forms to best meet the needs of each activity and ensure you receive the information you need from your registrants.|
|Activity Reminder Notifications||Send notifications to citizens that have registered for an activity with updated information, like a change in location, or general reminders to ensure participants are fully prepared.|
|Print Customized Rosters||Conveniently print and share customized activity registration details with course instructors or activity event coordinators without needing to manage separate rosters manually. View and export registration information at any time to help you manage your activity logistics.|
For more information on the new CivicEngage Activities feature and how it can allow you to manage community activities and engage citizens, contact your account manager.