5 Easy Ways to Market your Parks and Recreation Activities
Let’s face it, Parks and Recreation organizations have limited to no budget for marketing. There’s usually not a department, let alone an individual, responsible solely for marketing. If you are the administrator or activities coordinator for your local government and are looking to gain exposure for your activities, here are five easy and free strategies for marketing your events using tools you probably already have.
1. Utilize your recreation software – Software, such as the new CivicRec, gives you the option to communicate with current or past registrants via mass email or text alerts.
2. Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media platforms are all easy, free ways to communicate with your citizens. Be sure to include your online registration link to make it easy for social users to register immediately.
3. Targeted flyers/postcards – Have a camp or activity ending? Be sure all of those families go home with a flyer promoting your next, similar activity. It may be old-fashioned, but it can still be effective.
4. Discounts – Everyone loves a deal. Offer early bird discounts, online coupons, referral codes, and more. Be sure you set up your online recreation software to make it easy and intuitive to enter coupon codes during checkout.
5. Free trial class – Why not? Offer a sneak peek day to show off your program to people who may be unsure if it’s a good fit for them.
Don’t let budget stop you from filling up the fun and amazing programs that you offer to your community.