NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO WATER AND SEWER DISTRICTS WITH LESS THAN 10,000 USERS IN ALL STATES EXCEPT NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, AND FLORIDA.
- Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page and who are an authorized representative representing a water and sewer district with less than 10,000 water and/or sewer connections as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legally operating water and sewer districts operating in the United States, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF IN THE STATES OF NEW YORK, FLORIDA, AND RHODE ISLAND, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of CivicPlus, LLC (referring to herein as “CivicPlus” or “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All winners shall sign and return to CivicPlus an Affidavit of Eligibility attesting to their eligibility as required herein and a 1099.
- Agreement to Rules. By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Terms & Conditions, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of CivicPlus, as final and binding as it related to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Promotional Period. Entries will be accepted online starting on or about October 1, 2019 and ending November 15, 2019. All entries must be received by November 15, 2019 11:59PM EST.
- Entry Limit. The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of CivicPlus. You may enter once, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devises in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of CivicPlus.
- Prizes and Prize Details. Winners will receive a Drupal-based CivicCMS content management system, unlimited user licensing, full staff training, and up to 18 months of secure hosting, customer support, and ongoing maintenance. Approximate value of up to Nine Thousand Dollars ($9,000.00). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitute permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitute of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for CivicPlus to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. CivicPlus shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected.
- General Terms. CivicPlus reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, CivicPlus may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by CivicPlus. CivicPlus reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
CivicPlus has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such attempt be made, CivicPlus reserves the right to seek damages from any such person or entity to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering its content and registering for this Sweepstakes, you understand that CivicPlus, anyone acting on behalf of CivicPlus, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now know or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants understand and agree that all winners are expected to enter into an agreement with CivicPlus controlling the Prizes awarded herein.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. By entering you agree to release and hold harmless CivicPlus and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigned, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00 USD). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FROM SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
- This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas. Each entrant knowingly and voluntarily intends and agrees that (i) the mandatory, exclusive venue for any action in any way related to or arising out of this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and shall be the state and federal courts in and for Riley County, Kansas; and (ii) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Each entrant hereby knowingly and voluntarily waives any and all objections to venue and personal jurisdiction in the foregoing and submit themselves thereto. Each entrant hereby waives any right it may have to assert the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this paragraph, and stipulates that the aforementioned courts shall have in personam jurisdiction and venue over them for the purpose of litigating any dispute, controversy, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes.
Class Action Waiver. Each party agrees that an arbitrator, judge, magistrate or other similar authority may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding, and that nay dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. You agree to waive any right to a jury trial to participate in a class action.
- Winners List. The winners’ names may be obtained by sending a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope to CivicPlus, LLC, at 302 S. 4th Street, STE 500, Manhattan, Kansas 66502. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2019.
- Sponsor and Administrator. This Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by CivicPlus, LLC, having its principal place of business at 302 S 4th Street, STE 500, Manhattan, Kansas 66502.