How the City of Corona, CA Conserved 4.4 Billion Gallons of Water with the Help of SeeClickFix
When the City of Corona adopted SeeClickFix in 2010, they saw the potential for resident requests to help with conservation efforts. The following water-related categories were included:
- Water Conservation Issues (not in a Park/Parkway)
- Water and Sewer Service Issues (Including Fire Hydrants and Water Lines)
- Storm Drain Maintenance
- Water Quality Issues
- Storm Water Issues
- Water Pressure Issues
City officials were right. To date, the city has received 1,175 resident requests related to water. Resident reporting allows residents to be involved, provides city officials new information they might not have otherwise had , and promotes 2-way, open, informative communication around a precious resource.
From adhering to state regulations, to building an effective water management plan, to engaging residents, Corona is committed to being a good steward of its water resources. And resident participation is a big piece of the puzzle.
- City of Corona, Department of Water and Power — Planning for Our Future highlighting program objectives, and plans for water and sewer management.
- 10 Tips to Help You Stay Under Your Water Budget for residents in the City of Corona
- Water Conservation — A Municipal Approach in the City of Corona
To learn more about our the SeeClickFix 311 and citizen request management solution can help you to achieve your citizen engagement and public works goals, click here to speak with a member of our team.